POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : particle_system movie : Re: particle_system movie Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: particle_system movie
From: Pabs
Date: 5 Jul 2000 00:07:12
Message: <3962B4A1.A300F52D@nospamthanks.hotmail.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Later. Right now I am making some modifications which will allow much
> more flexible animation and particle generation options.

How about an object emitter where particles are emitted in the direction of
the surface normal and a speed specified by a pattern/function.  The
emmission points on the surface could be sampled by tracing rays from a
point & or direction toward that object- kind of like how photons are done.

--
Bye
Pabs